My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 16 January 2010

Embossed peacock card

I've made this card following the sketch for this weeks Quixotic Challenge, I find sketches really useful as a starting point when I'm feeling a bit brain dead. I  haven't had a lot of time for crafting this week so the sketch really gave me a kick start.



I used a bp from my Graphicus Guild papers - I hoard these jealously and its very rare I ever use them but I've got so much stuff and so little cash I've decided to start using paper instead of just stroking it lol.
I didn't have any wide purple ribbon so I made a border using a papermania punch and a scrap of purple glitter card and matted it onto gold mirri although it doesn't show up well on the pic. The tag is made of glossy card sprayed with aqua ink and splodged with purple versamagic ink, perfect for this weeks challenge from Tuesday Taggers which is to use a tag and bird on your project.. I stamped with the same ink and embossed with clear EP. the peacock is made from a piece of acetate made using the 'caught in crystal' technique' which I stamped with an Elusive images peacock stamp and embossed with gold detail EP. Finished off with a scrap of gold ribbon and a sentiment made with the aqua ink and purple versamagic.There is a lot of embossing on this card so it is perfect for the lovely Crafty Ann's Challenge which this week is embossing.
Thanks for looking, have a lovely weekend
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. Stunning card Claire! Love the rich colour combination of purple and gold, and the papers and Peacock image are fabulous.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Claire, I love how you've created your own 'ribbon' with the punch - really effective and you're quite right it is absolutely perfect for Crafty Ann's this time :o) Thank you for joining us.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning Claire - your cards are an inspiration. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Claire and I'm just loving the ribbon. Thanks for joining in with us at CACB.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning love the peacock xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, WOW, Fabulous creation. My favourite colours as you know, I LOVE IT
    So many techniques, how do you do it!!
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous - Well done for using the Graphicus papers - I know it's hard but in this case so thoroughly worth it. I love the punched border on mirri card. Such a great idea and, of course, the peacock is gorgeous. Thank for sharing this with us at Crafty Ann's challenge.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a stunning creation all that gorgeous embossing I like you hoard my Graphicus Guild papers lol...but you have matched this all up a real treat thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ann's

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning - love the embossing and also all that gorgeous colour! Thanks for joining us at TT this week x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, I love the colours, so rich, and embossing great, many thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful tag - love the colours and how you have used the image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Quixotic Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...