My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 20 February 2010

Birds and beads

I've made this card for my MIL, like most of us she's fed up of this long cold winter so I thought this would be a reminder that spring isn't too far away


The flourishes are from Elusive images as is the sentiment and the tree which is coloured with promarkers. I stitched some lime green seed beeds to the branches and added a border of lime, lilac and black seed beads. I pricked holes with my pokey tool and then stitched the beads with Nymo beading thread .It was really quick to do and I'm pleased with the result so I daresay I'll be beading everything now. I started jewellery  making workshops last year so I could use beads on my cards but this is the first time I've added them using this technique so I'm entering this card in to this weeks challenge from Our Creative Corner which is to try a new technique.
I'm also entering this card in to the following challenges:
Crafty Creations - stitching
Quixotic Challenge - something for mum
Sophisticat - All sewn up
Thanks for looking
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Claire this is just beautiful, I love the image and your colouring is fab, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats, this week, Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card. I love the tree image and the swirls
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely fresh spring card :-) I lvoe the images
    Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cats
    Hugs
    Tasha
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Claire, I love the image. I've never thought of stitching beads to my cards. I've attached them to fibres and left them to dangle
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire i love this gorgeous image. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Claire. What a lovely idea to use seed beads. Just beautiful
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work with the beading! Lovely image and fresh spring colors. Love those flourishes too! Fab work on the new technique challenge! So happy you could join in the fun with Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, love the little birdies. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...