My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 5 June 2010

Feathered Friends


This weeks challenge at CD Sunday is 'Feathered Friends' and I've used some feathers kindly donated by my own feathered friend Sammy the yellow crowned amazon parrot! Don't worry, no parrots were harmed in the making of this card lol, he's moulting like mad and I always save his feathers as they are soooooo pretty. I'd love to take some pics of him so I could show him off, he's a real darling, especially as his party piece is to  lift one wing up and say 'Tickle, tickle tickle', he is soooooooo funny and such a flirt with women (he hates men tho lol).  Unfortunately he hates having his photo taken too and attacks the camera tee hee.



The BP is from Butterfly Bliss CD by artylicious, I think this is one of my favourite papers on any cd, i love the misty peaches and greens. Its printed on to pearlescent paper and distressed with my craft knife. I've used yellow bazzill bling cardstock for the base card and some brown card to mat the bp on. I've used a torn scrap of card for the branch and the owl is a glimmer chip which i've glimmer misted and inked with sepia versafine. I've added Sammy's feathers and used a stampbord square which is inked and stamped with a little bird from Elusive Images. The sentiment is also from Elusive images.

I'm also entering this little fella in the following challenges:
Sunday Stamper: Wings of a Dove
Just Scraps: Dandelion Yellow
My time to Craft: Wild Thing

Right, thats me crafted out for today. I've got some gorgeous new beads to play with and my seat booked on the sofa to watch BGT
Thanks for looking everyone
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Claire,I love the feathers,and thanks for sharing this with us at CD Sunday this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Claire and so good to use some of your own grown feathers, would love to see a picture of your bird perhaps you could sneak up on him!
    Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Claire, love your real feathers. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card this is. Love the feathers...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Claire and very good of Sammy to share for a good cause!! Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card - thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The torn card for the branch is another of your clever ideas and is looks very life like (well branch like) - super owl image and great use of Sammy's cast offs.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely use of Sammy's feathers! Great card with the owl image - what would Sammy make of him I wonder?

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. If Sammy's as handsome as his feather, he's one good lookin' bird! Great card Claire and thanks for playing along at at Just Scraps again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...