My lovely blogland friends

Monday 3 January 2011

GD spot at Sir Stampalot :-)

How excited was I to be asked to do a guest designer spot at Sir Stampalot Challenge?? Yep,you've guessed, VERY excited lol. Well the day has arrived to share my project for this month's theme which is 'A Winter's Tale', as usual there is an amazing prize from Sir Stampalot and this month the DT are having a blog hop so there are some extra goodies on offer!!


My project is a little shadow box, inspired by the lyrics to the Queen song 'A Winter's Tale' and also by the beautiful view of the wintery sky and frosty houses one morning before Christmas. I certainly had plenty of time to admire it as we had loads of snow and my bus to work was an hour late lol. The sky was the most gorgeous pale peachy, pinks and pastel blue with wispy clouds and a big white moon hanging in the sky. I created the sky with my brayer, masking the moon and making the clouds with versamark and clear EP. I stamped a couple of little birds on the sky too.


I painted the inside and outside edges of the frame with gold acrylic paint and made a frame with an assortment of distress inks and a crackle stamp embossed with sparkly white EP.
The houses and trees are stamps from Elusive Images, coloured with promarkers and glittered with Judikins prisma glitter before being cut out and attached to the frame so that they are overhanging the edges.
The flowers are made from printed copier paper, layered up with dew drops in the centre, The feathers are from my stash and have been lightly sprayed with glimmer mists. The flourishes are cut with a marianne die and glittered with white glitter.

I'm also entering my project in the following challenges:
Pink Elephant: Winter Wonderland
Craft Your Days Away: Punch it out
Stamp something: Something with glitter

Thanks for calling by today, I hope you're going to join in this months challenge from Sir Stampalot! You never know you could win a cracking prize. I couldn't believe it when I won a cricut in their first challenge so don't forget you've got to be in it to win it :-)

Thanks also to Brenda and the lovely team at Sir Stampalot for inviting me to be Guest Designer this month, i've really enjoyed making this little shadow box and  the uber talented DT will have some fab creations to share so make sure you don't miss out on the Sir Stampalot Blog Hop

Happy New Year, I hope you aren't feeling too delicate this morning. I'm fresh as a daisy as we had a quiet night in, oh dear not having a hangover on New Years Day sounds like a sign of getting old lol.

Claire xx

28 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Your shadow box is stunning!
    I love the winter scene, it is breathtakingly beautiful. And the frames are fantastic.

    Thank you for sharing this gorgeous creation with us :)

    And thank you for joining at SSC this week :)
    Happy New Year :)

    Hugs,
    Karita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Claire - just had to pop over from Sir Stampalot to check if the GD was my buddy. Must have missed you telling us at Rainbows about this - perhaps I was asleep
    What an amazing card. Just fabulous.
    Wish I had bought those house stamps - they are now on my wish list.
    A fabulous creation - you are just so talented.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to stop by when i saw your incredible project at Sir Stampalot! Congratulations on such a fabulous guest DT creation.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just utterly amazing...so creative, I just Love everything about it....love the colours, the dimension...your gorgeous houses and flowers!!! STUNNING!!!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your creation is a real stunner! So glad you could join us this month. Are those stamps Elusive images? you have made a beautiful scene with them. Hugs, Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning Claire!
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding scene blownaway. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Monring Clare (just I think)

    Thank you so much for being our Guest Desiner at Stampalot Challenge this month and wow, what a fabulous piece of artwork you created for us.

    Thanks as well for sharing it with us at Stamptacular Sunday.

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year and looking forward to seeing all you 2011 creations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire,
    Congrats on that GDT spot. Your project is awesome!

    Tammylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Claire this is just beautiful!! I have had my eye on those houses by Elusive images for a while now and you have just persuaded me to buy them!!

    Happy New Year hun, hope 2011 is a good one for ya, mine started off great by winning the December Sir Stampalot challenge!!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claire that is really amazing. Gorgeous work. Happy New Year, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow this is just gorgeous Claire, what a great image and the corner with the flowers ... superb! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and all the best for 2011! Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  13. holy moly claire this is beyond gorgeous hun!!! Seriously!!!!

    Happy New Year!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pure Fabulousness Claire! Wonderful project! Happy New Year to you and your family ~ best wishes! Smiles ~ Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claire, this creation is just too stunning for words!!!! I can't believe all of the fabulous details! The sky is a stunner...I must try this technique! The houses are colored so beautifully! They definately made the right choice when they asked you to be a GD!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. well done on your GD!! Very deserved!! this scene is so fabby xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your shadow box it's lovely
    Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely stunning card Claire that scene looks wonderful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG - what an amazing creation!! Love every single detail!

    Thanks so much for playing along at stamp something and have a

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Totally amazing and so beautifully done, Claire! Gorgeous card! The dimension and detailing are exquisite! Thanks so much for playing Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!!! Claire this is awesome. I bet you were excited and proud to be picked as GD, but you deserve it hunnie.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Claire, this is STUNNING!!! It must have taken you hours to prepare but it is so worth it! I love the colours you've chosen, everything looks so special! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow - this is fabulous Claire. A fantastic project with so much detail. I hope it takes pride of place on your mantelpiece.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! This is really stunning!! I love your pretty coloring and detailed cutting!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy New Year Claire,
    Congrats with your DT spot. WOW! Your card is amazing!!! I love everything about it!!

    Lots of love, Randi WS

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous winter scene ... I love how the glittery sparkles like freshly fallen snow ... thanks for sharing your White Glitter goodness at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all the details in your project Claire it must have taken ages to make and design love Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...