My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 31 March 2011

Night at the Movies with the Rainbow Lady

Hi there, when I saw the new challenge at Rainbow Lady's Challenge blog, 'A Night at the Movies' my first though was Harry Potter as I just LOVE Harry Potter films although to be honest I much prefer the books (you don't what to know how many times i've read them .... I'm such a geek lol). Anyway I had to have a go at a 'Harry Potter' ish scene  although I didn't have a Harry Potter stamp so you'll have to use your imagination a little lol.
As well as a new challenge topic this week we have a fab new sponsor 'Time to Sow' so make sure you pop over the challenge blog to get your entry in to be in with a chance of a fab prize!


The background is masked and brayered using Mountain Meadow big&juicy ink pad with black brayered over the sky. The tree stamps are all from Elusive Images and I'm not sure where the castle is from, its been uninked in my stash for ages so it was  a good time to give it an airing!
I painted the dragon and unicorn with twinkling H2os and decoupaged them up a layer with foam pads. I was really stuck for a wizardy character until i remembered the fab 'Magical Alchemey' digistamp from Michelle Perkett, I love this stamp, he makes a perfect  Dumbledore but i've also used him in the past for Father Christmas coloured in red and white. This time I coloured him with promarkers and added a little bit of yellow feather to his hat.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew: For a child
Daring Cardmakers: The Book Club
Digital Tuesday: for the kids
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Let's hear it for the boys

I've really enjoyed making this card. its been a while since I played with my trusty brayer :-)

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you're going to join our challenge this week.
Claire xx


17 comments:

  1. Perfect Claire, love this and I too love the Harry Potter books better than the film. This was my first thought for this challenge cos I am making cards for twin nephews and bought some Harry Potter digis yesterday. Must be psychic lol
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Claire, Love Harry Potter too. Hope you have a great weekend, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a fabulous card - the background and those image are just perfect. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super braying, your background is fabulous. Great card with the images added.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its stunning as usual Claire .... what a wonderful enchanted scene! Suzanne B
    aka from LIIU - noticed I am signed in from my other blog....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Claire, I love that Dragon. Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello a very beautiful card, the design is gorgeous.
    Thanks, for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.
    **Karla

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab! Perfect for our Book Club Dare. Thank you so much for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers' this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and so magical Claire.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card for a child and what wonderful detail.
    Thanks for joining us at DT this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, I love the beautiful scene you have created. Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card, love the back ground, great HP fan too, I play the tapes over and over again! They missed sooo much out in the films I wonder how they'll finish the last film.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card the HP theme and what a perfect card for a child. Thank you for joining us at creative card crew

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing card!!! Perfect for this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is stunning! I love the fantasy theme you used. Thank you for playing the Designer's Choice challenge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Claire, what a work of art -- I'd frame this. Thanks for participating in the Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire, I love this card. Michelle's image is perfect for the unicorn and dragon.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...