My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 13 August 2011

Tatty Button

Hi there, weekend at last and after some awful weather the sun is finally starting to peep through.  Before I go and tackle the rain forest, oops I mean garden lol I just wanted to share this card. This weeks challenge at CD Sunday has a buttons theme and coincided with this gorgeous Tatty Button stamp arriving from the lovely Lynn at Crafts 4 You (half price so I just couldn't resist lol) After another manic week at work I wasn't sure if i'd get my card finished in time but here it is although the photo is terrible for some reason.


I stamped Tatty with memento ink, masked her and stamped the fence behind, coloured the image with promarkers and inked in the sky with a scalloped mask and some tumbled glass distress ink. I've watned to use a gingham paper but of course I didn't have the right colour but fortunately I rememberd a free cd that came with a magazine called Complete Cardmaking, it has some gorgeous Christmas bps on it and this lovely blue gingham paper. The other bp from Prima Madeline pad. I've added some tiny buttons from the Stamp Man and some ribbon from my stash. To finish off I punched some flowers and die cut some swirls from the leftover bps and inked them with distress inks. I embossed the flowers on the reverse to curl the petals and layered them up with a button in the centre.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Craft us Crazy: anything goes
Incy Wincy: Something old, something new (new stamps, old cd)
Papertake: Grow your own
Stampin Sisters in Christ: something you had to buy but had forgotten about (cd)
Stampin B's: a card with clouds

thanks for popping by today, have a good weekend
hugs
Claire xx

18 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, this is lovely, I just saw Tatty Button on C&C the other day...she's adorable! The soft blues are gorgeous.

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, good to see you joining us again. A beautiful card and Tatty looks comfortable sitting on the fence. Love the layout and the extra embellishments. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week and good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire this is so pretty, I haven't got any of these stamps but I think now I've seen a few I just may have to get some. I really like your colour combo, so very elegant.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at CD Sunday and good luck with the draw.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Claire, I have not been sure about Tatty Button, but after seeing your card I think perhaps I might have a rethink.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire and love what you did with Tatty.
    She's on my wish list after seeing Kim's pointillism article in the last Craft Stamper.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs, Fliss xx
    PS: Thanks too for your kind words over at FS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card, I love the blue cols and the the flower, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute as a errr... button!!!! Love this card, such lovely, calm shades... wooow!
    hugs
    Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire. I like your image very much and she is beautifully coloured - especially the highlights in her hair.
    Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire - i've had my eye on Tatty Button for a while but have yet to indulge - this is gorgeous and might just make me splash out!! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your cloud background on this scene...this card is great...Thanks for joining in at the Opus Gluei this week...hope to see more of your projects soon!

    Deena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Claire, please send the rain my way - it has just been so hot and humid here and NO RAIN (okay a little, not enough).

    Your card is adorable, I love how you composed the scene with the masking as well as the soft and gentle shades of blue that make this such a serene card. Definitely works without having to have a sentiment and that's perfect for us at Opus Gluei and our challenge. Hope you try playing with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Claire and I love that shade of blue, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Claire and such a lovely design, thanks for sharing with us at CES this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful summery card, love the way you've got the light glinting off Tatty's hair!

    Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi ya
    aww gorgeous card, lovely image & colouring, pretty papers & design, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card Claire thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, love how you used the masking technique, pretty papers too, thanks for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us for this week's CES Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...