My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 6 October 2011

Halloween Horrors at Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog

Hi there, my second post today and this is a fun Halloween card for the new challenge at Sarah Hurley Challenge blog where the theme is 'Halloween Horrors'. You don't want to miss out  this time as we have a fab prize on offer from Derwent. OOOOh do you think anyone would notice if I entered?? I just love Derwent pencils and although i've got a quite a collection, its always nice to have a few more isn't it??


I've used a fun spider bp from one of Sarah Hurley's fab new Halloween kits. you can find this one in Whimsy Halloween. I'm not too keen on spiders but these are just too cute to be scary lol. The cute little Vampire is a digi stamp also from Sarah Hurley I've coloured him with  Derwent Coloursoft pencils. I thought Sarah's Vampire Castle ticket sentiment would be perfect with this cute little guy. Check out all Sarah's gorgeous Halloween goodies here

I made a mock shirt front using a scrap of white card, scored down the centre and cut the fold back collar. I added a black ribbon dicky bow and Ranger black enamel accents for buttons. I thought it looked a bit plain so i decided that Mr Vampire was a messy eater and that I'd add some splashes of blood, ok it was actually red spray ink splattered on really lol. 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Designed to Delight: use coloured pencils
Forever Night: anything goes
Lollipop Crafts: Halloween
The Crafty Pad: one for the boys
The Pink Elephant: trick or treat

Thanks for visiting today.
Claire xx



8 comments:

  1. Very inventive - especially with that shirt front & your blood spattering.
    You'd not have liked my 7 legged friend that had to be evicted from the kitchen the other night - he was as big as my hand & almost ran up my dressing gown sleeve when I picked him up! As for Derwents - am with you all the way there.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, love the blood splashes on the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our One For The Boys challenge!
    Mwuhhuhuhu!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW!! That Dracula is adorable!! :) I love your coloring and fun layout! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Hope you will join us again! *Vicki* - Oct GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun halloween card Claire !!

    thanks for playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire,
    this is 'wicked!' Love that blood-spattered shirt! Great to see you join THE CRAFTY PAD challenge this week.
    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and the vampire and spiders don't look too scary..like the ticket, too. So glad you joined Tuesday Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Card! Thanks for joining us at Forever Night Challenges anything goes week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...