My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 22 July 2012

A is for ......

Hi there, here I am again with my GDT card for CD Sunday where the theme is 'A is for ....' I've gone for A is for Aquamarine and Anniversary for this card and used a beautiful backing paper from the Essence of Nature cd by Artylicious


The bp wasn't quite the colour i wanted it to be so I applied a little turquoise panpastel and the overstamps the corners with a beautiful leafy corner stamp from Chocolate Baroque which I embossed with white EP. I made the butterflies using Marianne dies and a couple of scraps of the same backing papers, I used cosmic shimmer glue to create their pearly bodies. The bow in made from scrunched seam binding ribbon and the focal image was made using a Marianne Designable. I got this last weekend at the craft show and I love it, its so delicate with the embossed pattern and the little lacy cut out bits. I inked it up with tumbled glass distress ink, stamped the sentiment (again from Chocolate Baroque) and added more faux pearls and gems.

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Card and Scrap: things with wings
Card Cupids: wings
Divas by Design: anything goes
Marianne Design Divas: Anything goes
Sparkles Forum: wedding or anniversary

Thanks for popping by, if you get a minute do pop over to CD Sunday and check out the DT's work, they really are a lovely talented bunch of ladies
Claire xx


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful card Claire, love the butterflies. Haven't used that CD for a long time, I think it's time to get it out again.....A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, this is GORGEOUS. I love everything about it, especially the butterflies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful creation Claire. I say creation because your cards are always so much more than cards.Every one is a masterpiece.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful this creation. Such a nice soft colors and design. marvelous.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Claire,such an elegant creation, I adore it. Hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...