My lovely blogland friends

Monday 10 September 2012

A secret mission!

Hi there, us girlies on the PanPastel DT are soooooo lucky :-) A few weeks ago we were tasked with a secret mission, to play with a box of the most scrumptious crafty goodies  from our lovely sponsor Berni at Your Creativity Store. All we had to do was  see what we could create BUT (there's always a but isn't there lol) we had to keep it under our hats! Now you know what a chatterbox I am so this was no easy task, especially when I found that some of the new goodies were fabulous new marker pens  that nobody but us had got their mits on !!! oooooh how exciting, I've been bursting to tell lol


Graph'IT Markers aren't just ordinary markers, they are alcohol based markers that come in a nifty storage box in a really wide range of colours, nothing new there I hear you say well these markers have a very clever extra ..... the Mix'It Blending Palette. I was a bit baffled when I first got my paws on this as it looks like a little craft mat but you use it to blend your markers on and then apply them to your image with the blender pen. These pens are really juicy and blend wonderfully, the selection I received was a gorgeous mix of  colours but I was a bit flummoxed as there was nothing like a skin colour but ........ ta da!!!! With a bit of pink and orange and lots of blender Tilda has a lovely skin colour. It took a little bit of getting used to applying the colour with the blender pen but its soooooo much quicker than the usual way of colouring with alcohol markers. I found myself using the chisel tip for most of the colouring. I've always been a real promarkers fan but I think Graph'It pens are going to be my new favourites. They have a bullet tip and a chisel tip but the bullet tip is finer than with promarkers so better for detailed work,

The bps I've used for this card are from Tim's shabby papers, with some lace,flowers, pearls and seam binding from my stash.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Catered Crop: anything pink
Dream Valley : Something old, something new
Pile it on: Patterned papers
Poodles Parlour: here come the girls

Right I'd better get my skates on and go to work, don't you just love Monday mornings?? lol
Thanks for popping by
Claire xx

13 comments:

  1. I can just imagine how difficult it must be to keep these secrets - very pretty card with great colouring using the new markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky lady having new markers to play (work) with.Sounds like you're well and truly hooked on them already. Gorgeous card Claire.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look very interesting indeed - bit different as you say. Off to do some research.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Claire. The image is so sweet and I love the pretty colours and details.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire, you lucky girl trying out these and they sounds great! pretty creation with it, warm greet Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card Claire and the new pens sound interesting

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Claire, this is just a gorgeous card, love all of the embellishments, pens sound super.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous. You did a great job.Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, love the image and gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Claire, lucky you to have a play with some new products. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card Claire so pretty. The markers sound fabulous want to get my mits on them so that I can give them a try out.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Love the lace and DP! I'll have to look into these new markers. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...