My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 15 November 2012

Bottlecap flowers

Good morning, my project today features the gorgeous new 'Tangled Garden' stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I've had these little vases for ages but couldn't find flower in the right colour, when I saw these new stamps I thought they'd be just the job for making some flowers for my vases.


They were very quick and easy to make. I used watercolour paper as it holds its shape very well when making flowers. I coloured each sheet of paper with ink and glimmer mists until I got the colours I needed and then once they had dried I stamped the large open flower from Tangled Garden twice and the detailed flower twice on each sheet with versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I cut the flowers out and layered them up.

The flower centres were made with bottle caps crushed in my cuttlebug, I used the centre of the detailed flower and glossy accents in side the bottlecaps.


I found that drinking straws were the perfect height to be used as the stems for my flowers so I painted some with gesso and acrylic paint. I attached the straws while I was assembling the flowers. I layered up the 3 layers of petals with strong wet glue, once this was dry I punched 2 small holes in the centre of each and threaded some ribbon through before attaching the straw at the back of the flower with a hot glue gun. The ribbon then ties around the straw in a pretty bow so the back looks pretty too.

I'm entering my flowers in the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations: Recycle/Anything goes
Dream Valley: anything goes
Papertake Weekly: flower power
Tuesday Alchemy: anything goes

Thanks for popping by and for your kind comments
Claire xx


17 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous Claire and together with those vases make a lovely display on your windowsill.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look stunning Claire! fantastic effect!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really gorgeous Claire. A fabulous idea and I just love the images and colours.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s lovely Claire!
    Hugs Nicolet

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers are some of the nicest I have seen and they look great in the vases,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely superb - what a lovely idea for gifts too & the fact that you can make the flowers the colour for the vase is brilliant. I really like the fact that you thought about making the back pretty too. These colours are so classy & elegant & really become something very decadent with the addition of gold.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers Claire ! The two different designs look great layered together. Love your colors. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these flowers esepcially the bottlecap centres

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only is this clever to use bottle caps, but gorgeous! Love this beautiful bouquet of flowers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are stunning Claire, I love the idea of using crushed bottle tops for the centres. Beautiful vases too.
    Hugs xx

    PS Thanks for my birthday card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous, great project. Thanks for joining the Dream Valley challenge this fortnight. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous projects! Love them!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Dream Valley.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Dream Valley Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Claire these flowers are stunning. What a great recycling project. Thank you for joining us this week at Artistic Inspirations! ~Wendy, DT ARTistic Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! Love the colors too! Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Alchemy! Hope to see you again soon!

    Cheers!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    very cute flowers. Thank you for joining us to Dream Valley challenges.
    Hugs!
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are stunning would love some for my bedroom thanks for joining us at artistic inspirations and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...