My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 6 December 2012

Butterfly Corners from Chocolate Baroque

Hi there, I thought it was time for a change from Christmas cards so today's card features the gorgeous new Steampunk Butterfly stamps from Chocolate Baroque. As soon as I saw the stamp sheet I fell in love with the beautiful Art Deco style corners and wanted to show them off. 

I took a 6x6 card blank and stamped the corners in each of the 4 corners of the card, i used a black fineliner pen to join the corners and create a frame. I also stamped the corners 8 times on scraps of white card. I coloured all the corners using my promarkers and created a frame in the centre of the card by cutting out 4 of the corners and popping them up with 3d foam. I cut out the flower from the remaining 4 corners and again used 3d foam to decoupage the corners on the card. The sentiment  and frame are from 'Best Relative Ever', die cut with nesties labels 4. I was going to leave the card at that but I couldn't resist adding a couple of butterflies from 'Steampunk Butterfly', again coloured with promarkers, with little black faux pearls for their bodies.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Corrosive Challenge: anything goes
Loves Rubber Stamps: anything goes
Stempel Sonne: anythng goes with a stamp


Thanks for popping by and for all your kind comments, I do appreciate you taking the time to visit
Claire xx



12 comments:

  1. Amazing, the butterflies look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Claire. Those corners stamps are beautiful and you've coloured them beautifully. I love the way you have used them to make a frame round the whole card.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous with the crisp white & striking black accenting. The dimensional flowers of the corners is brilliantly effective too. Super combination of circular & diamond elements too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absoultely GORGEOUS! I love the colors you chose and the layout! I can see why you fell in love with this stamp set! It is awesome! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so beautiful and I love the vibrant colors you used. Fabulous design! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous colouring Claire. The way you have drawn the pen border works brilliantly. Then the corners assembled within the card is superb design. Very well done! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eine zauberhafte Karte! Große Klasse!

    Danke für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Claire I love the colour combo too

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so stunning. love the fabulous colors and the great layout. Stunning color and love the bright palette. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hallo,
    das ist eine soooo bezaubernde Karte!!!
    Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  11. you rocked that corner stamp xxxx thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eine wunderschöne Karte hast du gestaltet, vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge,
    liebe Grüße,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...