My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 6 April 2013

Indian Sunset

Good morning darlings, I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front this week as work has been even more hectic than usual so I've been counting down to the weekend for an inky fix. This morning my card features one of the gorgeous new stamps from Chocolate Baroque, this fab silhouette is from Indian Textiles

Memento inks are perfect for brayering and the colours are beautiful and clear, they blend beautifully too. For this project I used Dandelion, Canteloupe, Tangelo  and Ladybug for the sky. I tore some copy paper to create a mask for the hills and used Lilac Posies, Sweet Plum and Paris Dusk. I then brayered a little Paris Dusk all around the edges. I stamped the large Taj Mahal Silhouette with Memento Tuxedo Black and added some white highlights with an inksentials pen. The little trees on top of the hill are from the clear stamp set, Terrific Treescapes.

I've used a backing paper from the Leafy Brocade downloads and added some black organza ribbon and a little paper flower.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
A little bit crafty: anything goes
Crafty Bloggers Network: anything goes
Crafty Ribbons: Anything goes with ribbon
Papertake Weekly: anything goes
Vickie's Challenges: anything goes

Well I'm heading off to my craft room for a few hours now
Have a happy Saturday
Thanks for popping by,
Claire xx


10 comments:

  1. what a wonderful oriental scenery you have created

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! This is stunning Claire. The way you have coloured the sky and background looks amazing and I love the white highlights on the image.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire

    This is wonderful,it must have taken you ages. Love the image of the TM.

    Thanks for joining us at LadyAnne's Nanavic's challenge,hope we see you again soon.

    Tracey DTxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your orange flower embellishment really brings out the sense of sunset & the use of the mauves really makes the whole 'pop' when combined with the black. Delightfully eye-catching.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb! I love this, so evocative. Thanks for joining us at the first A little bit crafty challenge! Lisa Sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Claire, just love your card, what a fabulous scene you have made. I still haven't managed to get used to doing this sort of thing using my brayer one day I hope to be as good as you. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    Cards by Lady Anne

    Lady Anne's Challenge
    Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
    Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully inked and stamped card - thank you for taking part in the first challenge set by A Little Bit Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card
    Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning card. I love the scene you've created and gorgeous colours.

    Thanks for joining this months challenge at A little bit Crafty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly a great card - love the oriental look!
    Thanks for joing Crafty Ribbons challenge this fortnight and welcome back on Thursday for a new one!

    La Vikinga / Member of the Design Team at Crafty Ribbons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...