My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Spooktacular Halloween stamps from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning my lovelies, and a big warm welcome to all my new followers. Its lovely to have you on board and as soon as I get a minute I'll be round to follow you and check out your lovely artwork.  I'm startiing the day with a big BOO! We're getting ready for Halloween at Chocolate Baroque and my project today features the gorgeous new stamps Nevermore. I just love making projects for Halloween, I think its the gorgeous spooky colours.


I've altered  a Kaisercraft frame (I'm not sure if Glenda has any of these in stock) and painted it with black acrylic paint, adding gilding wax once it was dry. I creaed the backgrounds using distress inks (Peeled Paint, rusty Hinge and seedless preserves) and the spritz and flick technique. I added a moon in the larger panels. Next I stamped all the images using Memento Tuxedi Black Ink. I inked in  a cliff below the castle and drew in some telephone wires to sit the birds on. I added a little colour with Graph'It Markers and some white highights with a white gel pen. To finish off I attached a glass cabochon to the date with some glossy accents and added a little bottle of poison (actually a tiny perfume sample bottle thats been gathering dust for years filled with a drop of  distress reinker and a little water)

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Altered Eclectics:Alter something
Our Creative Corner: Forgotten things
The Crafting Cafe: altered art

thanks so much for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Claire. Love the background (really think I need that Seedless Preserves DI) and the stamps are fab.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super little details with this & I just love the background - the way you've balanced the two text panels in the layout is a lovely piece of composition.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Halloween project, love the colour combinations and the stamping.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Claire this is amazing. I love background colours and your design. TFS Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your altered tray! Great colors and Halloween project. Thank you for playing along with us at the September Altered Eclectics Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big fan of Halloween but this is really great! I love the colors. It's actually kind of pleasant, not spooky or dark or scary. Great job for thinking "outside the Halloween box."

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, I love the images & your colour choice.
    Thank you for joining in the Crafting Café challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Claire words fail me it is so lovely. My grandchildren in LA would love this! I love the pinky stormy colours it's great.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! WOW!!! This is stunning!! WOW! I am speechless! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really is a wonderful Halloween piece, something a little different with the gorgeous colours and wonderful skies that you have created. Lovely work. Thanks so much for joining in our Forgotten Things challenge at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely make and that new stamp set is just fab! Great colours too!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic project! I love the colors and each box is so unique! Your rocked the techniques! So glad you joined us for our Altered Art Challenge at The Crafting Cafe!
    Michelle B.
    Crafting Cafe Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic project. Thank you for joining us at the Crafting Cafe Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely project, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Cafe x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fab creation. Thanks for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future monthly challenges
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...