My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Peony from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning, goodness me Glenda has released some gorgeous new stamp over at Chocolate Baroque, as well as some stunning Steampunk Birds, there are 4 beautiful clear flower stamps. for my first sample this month I've used the beautiful Peony Clear stamp for this card, peonies are one of my favourite flowers and I couldn't resist sitting this lovely little fairy from the September Fairies set on one of the flowers


I created the background with Picked Raspberry and a little Shabby Shutters distress inks, I popped some on my ink blending mat, misted with water and swooshed the card through it, once dry I stamped the peony here and there with more Picked Raspberry ink.

To create the focal image I stamped the fairy with black ink, (I only inked up the fairy, not the toadstools) and then masked her to stamp the flowers. I coloured the flowers with Graph'It markers and then used some Fantasy Film from my stash to stamp the wing and attached it with a little silicone glue. I used a shaving brush to dust ink around the image and matted it on white and then black card. To finish off I added some black lace, ribbon  and a little button from my stash.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
2 sisters: anything goes
Challenges 4 Everybody: anything goes
Craftitude: button up
Docerela Creations: anything goes
Emergency Crafters: anything but Christmas
Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge: anything goes
Wags'n'Whiskers: things with wings

Christmas is really sneaking up on us isn't it, I took the dogs out last night and loads of people seem to have got their Christmas decs up already. I think I'll try and get ours up at the weekend although Barney is still full of puppy mischief so I expect it will be fun and frolics lol. Have a great day and thanks for popping by

Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. A stunning way to use these two stamps together, I love it.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to the C&P I am afraid but wanted to pop in any take a peek at your latest make and say hello.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you brushed some of the ink into the peony panel corners is so effective for it really melds the whole with the background & I love your addition of that sheer green ribbon in just the right green. It's a brilliant idea to have her sitting in the cup of the flower & I love the way her wings are echoed by your black lace strip. The matting really finishes both panels beautifully.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the super colouring. I agree the new stamps are going on my wish list.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design, thank you for sharing it with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, I hope you will join us again next week...
    Hugs
    Suzy B DT (Owner)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card just love those vibrant colors. thanks for joining us at craftitude, good luck and hope to see you again
    caroline x dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beatiful card,

    Thank you for joining us this week at Docerela Creations.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - love the colours - thanks for sharing this for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 5: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claire, gorgeous card! The back ground is stunning!
    Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters ~Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...