My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Punched borders



I seem to have loads of projects started and stuff all over my craft room at the minute, it looks like an explosion in a paper factory but I've been struggling to get anything finished for some reason. Anyway I've managed to get this card finshed for the Bah Humbug challenge this week which is punched borders.



It was a real challenge for me as I don't have many punches at all, I've just never really got into them. I do have some papermania punches that I got for a real bargain price ages ago and thanks to Ann on the Bah Humbug team who did a tutorial for this tecnique ages I managed to make this card. I have to say it wasn't easy and they aren't lined up perfectly but at least its punched lol. I used red glitter card for the punched border background. The image is a stamp from Joanna Sheen, coloured with inktense pencils and glittered with a little prisma glitter to highlight the snow. The image is matted on to some green mirri card and I added a scrap of green and gold ribbon to finish off.
Im also entering this card into the challenge from Winter Wonderland which is 'See amid the winter snow'

Thanks for looking
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, wow what an effect, love it. It really sets the beautiful image off perfectly. Thanks for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland and we hope you will join us again for the next challenge on Friday
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Christmas card Claire! Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, your card is beautiful. I love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Claire,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Claire, your punched border is lovely and a super image too
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Claire I love it wonderful colours fab image I think you have created a real beauty.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. A twist on a traditional image and colour scheme. I just love punches, especially MS border punches. They are so easy to use. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you back on Friday. Hop over to my blog for candy. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Claire

    What perfect borders, well done. Gorgeous stamped image and wonderfully coloured in.
    Tied together nicely with your ribbon.

    Thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug!

    luvirene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card Claire and super use of your punch. Thank you for joining in at Bah! Humbug! this week.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Claire gorgeous card - so pleased my tutorial and hints on where to get the bargains have proved useful.
    That Robin is just beautiful.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Claire you've made some gorgeous cards since my last visit - I'm mighty glad that I don't have to pick a favourite!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb card Claire. Buy some punches it is alot quicker and easier!!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...