My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Santa's Treats

The Bah Humbug challenge this week is 'Christmas Food', I thought it was a brilliant challenge until i had a rummage through my stamps and realised that I didn't have any Christmas food stamps apart from a couple of little SeeD's stamps(I'll soon rectify that though lol). Anyway not to be put off I decided to use one of my favourite images from Joanna Sheen's Enchanted Christmas Cd and make a little recipe book to put all my Christmas recipes in.
I was planning on having it finished with all the recipes written in and the pages decorated but I've had one of 'those' weeks at work and only just managed to cobble it together at the last minute.



I used a little wooden book blank I've had for years and sprayed the cover and pages with moonshadow inks (golden dubloons and jolly roger red) and then inked around the edges with poinsetta red gold starbust stains. I cut the image out and stuck it on to the cover, coloured a couple of little stamped images with inktense pencils and added a little sticker from my stash. I stamped the 'Santa's Treats' title with paperartsy alphabet stamps using brilliance rocket red ink. I then tied lots of ribbon to the book rings and made a little bookmark from ribbon and a couple of bells and attached that to the book ring too. I added 4 little gold brads to the corners to finsh it off - had to take a deep breath in case my cropodile split the wood but it didn't.
I'm also entering my little recipe book in the following challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: J is for Jingle Bells
CD Sunday Challenge: Country Charm (stretching it a bit I know ladies but the little girl makes me think of a cosy country cottage kitchen)
Thanks for looking
Claire xx

19 comments:

  1. Not stretching it at all - your interpretation is wonderful, love it. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Claire and so unusual, a nice take on CD Sunday theme. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't say you were stretching it Claire, everyone has their own interpretation and this is yours. I really like this idea, thanks for joining in with us this week at CD Sunday.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Claire and just perfect for the Country Charm theme.Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card Claire.
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire...What a darling place to put your recipes in! It looks very vintage! I can almost smell all those good recipes you're going to fill it up with! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an amazing project. Just goes to show that starting Christmas early gives us chance to do these kind of things. Just love your book.
    Good luck in the draw.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Claire

    What an amazing and gorgeous project, this is just fabulous, and perfect for our challange.

    Thank you so much for joining in out latest challange.

    luv
    irene
    Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohh wow !! what a gorgeous recipe book :-) the image is lovely and the ribbons and jingle bell are perfect :-)

    thanks for joining in the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Claire and such a gorgeous image. Hope you find it invaluable at Christmas when it is full of recipes!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful project Claire and what a super gift it would make! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Bah! Humbug! and good luck in the prize draw.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty Claire, fantastic image. Great interpretation of our theme at CD Sunday. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yum yum great J is for Jingle project! thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Claire this is super hun. Well done you!!!

    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Spectacular card, fantastic Jingle bells.
    Thank you for joining in Susie & Vikki's Christmas club challenge and good luck.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki & Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a perfect card, Thank you for joining in Susie & Vikki's Christmas club challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely project!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a fabulous creation with a vintage charm. thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas blog challenge.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great project and beautiful vintage image. Thank you so much for playing along with our last challenge!! We have another fun one this week...K is for Kiss with extra "Shaped card". We hope you can play along again!!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...