My lovely blogland friends

Friday 25 June 2010

Bah Humbug GD - Father Christmas/Santa

I've loved being Guest Designer with the lovely team from Bah Humbug this month, this is my last week and the theme is 'Father Christmas'. I've used one of my all time favourite stamps  from Crafy Secrets for this card



I've used a 6x6 white linen base card, lightly sprayed with Crow's Nest Copper Moonshadow Mist from the Stampman. I've used another piece of inked card over a layer of copper textured card (from Kanban I think) and punched holes in the corners with my cropodile. I've made a frame using a Dreamweaver brass stencil, after embossing it I lightly ran a versamark ink pad over the top and heat embossed with some copper EP. Then I distressed with some Brilliance Copper ink and lots more Moonshadow Mist. I cut the oval out of the centre of the frame and stamped Father Christmas on with versafine ink and again distressed with copper brilliance ink.
To finish the card off I made a knotted ribbon frame by tying some copper organza ribbon through each pair of eyelets

Huge thanks to Ann, Irene and Max for letting me loose on their challenges this month. Its been a real honour for me as their work is so amazing!!! I'll still be joining in the weekly challenges though so they won't get rid of me that easily lol.

Thanks for looking, I hope you join us at Bah Humbug this week.
Claire xx

6 comments:

  1. This is my kind of christmas card! I love the vintage look, and very clever ribbon threading!
    Love as always Gina x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Claire,the vintage look is very authentic.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! Great vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claire this is super. Love the vintage look you do it so well.

    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love your Santa. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely and I particularly like the way you have used the ribbon.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...