My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 13 June 2010

Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge

Here's my first DT card for Cowgirl's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge, I hope you are going to play along and join us for the challenge which is a gorgeous sketch by Andrea (of course there is a fabby prize too). Here's my card which uses CJ's beautiful images 'Wheel Barrel'  and 'Flower' , you can get both at Cowgirl Up Digital Stamp-en Ranch




I love sketch challenges and Andrea has given us this little beauty for this weeks challenge



The images are coloured with promarkers and decoupaged onto a base of 2 doilies which were coloured with glimmer mists. For the squares (which are mostly hiding behind the ribbon) I used the faux mother of pearl technique which has a lovely glimmer and sheen but its so hard to photo. Its really easy to do, I found this technique on Roni's blog 'Ink Stains' and I love it - you dab some card with liquid pearls and once its dry you rub ink over the top, I also added some more glimmer mist for a bit extra bling. The BP is by K&Co, the ribbon and pearls are from my stash. As a finishing touch, I made a little butterfly pin to peep out the top of 'Wheel Barrel' using a head pin, butterfly bead and some little seed beads.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge: G is for Green
Pollycraft Monday Challenge: Ribbon and Bling
A spoonful of sugar: Floral Delights

Thanks for popping by, I'm looking forward to seeing your creation for this weeks challenge from Cowgirl Up's Sunday Stamp'en Challenge :)
Claire xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Claire
    this is gorgeous love the colours.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous creation Claire. It has beautiful colours and is very delicate. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation Claire, lovely delicate colours and I love your doilies
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovly image Claire and as usual - you've made a fantastic card. Love it.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost missed this lovely card you made. I love what you did with the sketch!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, this is lovely - thank you for joining us at the alphabet challenge. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...