My lovely blogland friends

Saturday 19 March 2011

Let's see your die cuts and punches at Let's Ink It Up!!

Hi, time for our new challenge at Let's Ink It Up and today its the turn of my team to host our first challenge!! WOW my wonderfully creative teamies have really come up with some fantastic inspiration for our DIE CUTS and PUNCHES challenge!!



We have a wonderful sponsor as always and this time our lucky winner will receive  a goregous 'Tweet Hearts' stamp set (valued at $21.95) from our fab sponsor Taylored Expressions!


Now for my project, I was really struggling for inspiration until I opened a goodie bag I ordered in The Craft Barn's recent birthday celebrations and saw some gorgeous die cut flowers and chipboard alphabet from the DCWV Dollhouse Floral range. I loved the colours and even better, the box holding the die cut alphabet was shouting out to be altered for this project! I loved the scalloped edges and the shaped aperture, far to pretty to throw away :-)


The focal image is 'Katie' by Elaine Cox from Sweet Pea Stamps, she is coloured with promarkers and attached inside the box base. I coated the top of the box with gesso and once it was dry I coloured it with versacolor inks and glimmer mists. I swiped over the edges of the box and the aperture with versamark and embossed with ranger Queen's gold EP. I attached the die cut flowers and butterflies to the outside of the box . I used my cropodile to make 4 holes in the bottom edge of the box, added some eyelets and did the same to the 4 die cut letters spelling out 'LOVE', I attached them to the box with wire and jump rings. To finish off I punched a coupe of holes in the top and added some pink ribbon to act as a hanger for the little box.

I'm entering this little wall hanging in the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft challenge: Up in the air with optional green
Crafty Purple Frog: green - a little or a lot
Crazy Challenge: Brads or eyelets
The Artistic Stamper: Spring has sprung
The Stamp Man: floral for Mother's Day
Make sure you pop by my teamies blogs and check out their creations for our first challenge of the new DT term, you'll see some new faces and some old LIIU friends too!!
I'm really looking forward to seeing your die cut/punches creations but don't forget to use a clear/rubber stamp - no digi's allowed!!

Claire xx

19 comments:

  1. Amazing wall hanging! Perfect coloring and terrific design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is fabby hun..love the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty and springlike, thanks for joining us at the Artistic Stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous creation Claire. Love the pretty colours and that gorgeous stamp. Those lovely embellies really set everything off so well.
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This beautiful Claire, I love that Sweet Pea image, must get mine out again
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire - I just think what you have done with this is fab. Love the bright colour and the many elements to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous altered creation, lovely image and love the colours. Thanks for joining us this month over on BTC&G. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow utterly gorgeous project.
    Thanks for join us at the Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely wall hanging! Love the details, the colors and image look great! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft challenge this week! good luck! hugs/sari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous alteration Claire. I love the colours and design.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous hanging, Claire! I love the colours and the box is truly beautiful! hugs, Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delectable creation! How wonderful!

    Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
    KymKreates
    DT Sweet Pea Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW! What a stunning wall hanging you have there! Thank you for playing with us at BTC&G and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always one amazing piece of art. I love absolutely everything about it. You certainly are an inspiration. Hugs Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great spring colours and a fab idea for recycling packaging making a very pretty wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Spring like ;)
    Pretty box love the details and the flowers.
    Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful hanger! Thank You for playing at The Stampman x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...