My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Make your own DP at Michelle Perkett Studio

Hi there, how are you doing? I seem to have gremlins again with a leaky radiator, a poorly pc and I also think I've heard the patter of little paws in the house... I think I may have a little mousy visitor! I do hope not as I love mice and hate to think of having to evict them. I didn't have chance to investigate thoroughly with all the chaos of the leak so I'll have to look for evidence when I get home from work. If its not one thing its another but at least I'm not bored lol.
 Anyway on to today's card which features the stunning Princess Oceana from Michelle Perkett Studio, I adore this image and I've coloured her loads of times but I thought I'd give her black hair this time for a change.  You can find Princess Oceana in Michelle's Etsy Store here.


I've coloured her with my promarkers and added some dimension with viva pearl and gloss pens and some tiny sea shells from my stash. She's matted on some blue mirri card. I've created the background using Cosmic Shimmer spray in Midnight Blue and some silver firework ink, sprayed on white card and then clingfilmed and left to dry. I love this technique, its perfect for watery or icy backgrounds and looks sooooo sparkly and shimmery in real life. Once the background was dry I stamped border and and corner stamps from Chocolate Baroque and embossed with seafoam white EP. The flowers and gems are from my stash.

I'm entering Princess Oceana in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments: No sentiment
2 Sisters:  Use a digi
Crafty Purple Frog: Monochromatic
Paperplay: Sparkle Galore
Simon Says Stamp: Sparkle and shine
Totally Gorjuss: Water or anything wet


Don't forget to check out the new challenge over at Michelle Perkett Studio, Shelley and her lovely team of mermaids have a fab challenge starting today ... they want to see you make your own backing papers. 
Thanks for calling by
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Claire
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is stunning!
    I love that vibrant blue with your gorjuss gold embossing! Lovely!
    Thanks for playing along with Crafty Cardmakers Challenges!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIKE LIKE LIKE!!! I love the colour and your colouring just blows me away! :o)
    Trudy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our sparkle galore challenge.
    Apologies for having to copy and paste today I thought it would be better than not leaving comments, I'm in a lot of pain with my shoulder and it hurts to type
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire - this is even better than the last one!!!

    Thanks for joining in with Aud Sentiments

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, as always Claire. I love you embossing borders and corner. Thanks for playing at Crafty Cardmaker's. Caz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...