My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 28 July 2011

Hop you feel better soon!

Hi there, woo hoo the sun is shining the sky is blue and even better i've got the day off work :-)
I'm meeting a friend for lunch and home to see if postie has brought any crafty goodies but first I wanted to share this card made using a supercute stamp from Whiff of Joy called 'Wee with broken leg'. One of our friends has gout and I thought with the addition of a big red toe Wee would be perfect to cheer him up! 


I've used the sketch from Whiff of Joy Challenges and papers from GCD Ella Blue pad (although my camera has really bleached the colours) and I added faux stitching with stamps from Chocolate Baroque and walnut stain EP. I coloured Wee with inktense pencils, blended with oms and as i couldn't find my paper stumps I used an old promarker blender pen and it worked a treat. I cut him out and popped him on a kraft tag from The Fruit Pixie that I'd edged with Nellies multi border dies. I also used this die to edge one of the bps and added some string to both.

The sentiment is computer generated, cut with nestie labels 4. I also added some raffia lace and some tiny buttons.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
2 Sisters: Anything goes
Paper Pretties: No markers
Sketchy Colours: Pale blue, beige and brown
The Crafty Pad: embossing
The Paper Shelter: anything goes
Totally Papercrafts: One for the boys

Thanks for visiting today. i hope you're getting some sunshine too
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Claire :-) i love the Wee images and this is adorable ,, I am sure your friend will have a laugh at the red toe :-)

    thanks for joining us on the TPC :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya
    fabulous card, great image & colouring, lovely design, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely great card! I have a friend who has just had a foot op and this would be perfect. I love it!
    Trudy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Claire.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Claire, brilliant image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. eat card hunni.. love that image!! Thanks for joining in at CES xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

    Hugs Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter!
    Hugs Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow1Such a lovely card!
    Lovely image and details ♥
    Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Colors - good luck!
    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...