My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 28 August 2011

Ribbon or Lace at Fashionable Stamping Challenges

Hi there, how's your weekend going? As usual we've got rain for the bank holiday weekend but after the last few weeks at work I'm not too bothered as its just bliss to be at home :-) This weekend is extra special as not only is it time for a new challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges but today's the day you get to meet our uber talented new teamies!! Make sure you call by the challenge blog and check out their amazing work and also find out more about the prize on offer from Cottage Crafts



For my card I took inspiration from some delicious chalky pastel acrylic paints I added to my crafty stash recently. I made the background using pastel pink, pearl white and pale green paints. I used a wet into wet technique to blend the colours. I overstamped with my trusty foliage stamps from the Autumn Hedgerow stamp sheet from Chocolate Baroque.

I created a frame from greyboard cut with nesties labels 4 and 11  and crackled that using pink and white acylic paints and pva glue. The focal image is Sugar Nellie stamp, I've had her for ages but this is the first time I've inked her up. She's painted with distress inks. You can see her a little better in this pic


I've added loads of paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts , some foliage cut with crealies, faux pearls, ribbon and lace from my stash. I used an Anna Griffin punch and distress ink to make the butterflies and added a sprinkling of glamour dust to them and the flowers

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Flutter by Wednesday: Open challenge with butterfly angel or fairy
Paper Creations Ink: Show us your flowers
Paper Playtime: anything goes
Paper Pretties: Make your own bp
Truly Scrumptious: rocked up pink
Woodware USA: try a new technique

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx


22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Claire, your colouring is spot on
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, this is gorgeous. Both cards you've entered into Corrosive this week are stunning, thanks very much for playing along with us :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with this card as soon as I saw it Claire. The acrylic paints sound interesting and the colouring is so artistic.

    Wow what a collage of flowers drizzled around the frame that is something else, a huge thank you Claire.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really sweet card Claire, love the image which is coloured beautifully and love the framework too. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card/image and layout Claire. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this week and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire
    Your fellow Fashionable here (oh now what is our name again Fashionnettes? need to check that out)
    Anyway this is so cute, 100% adorable.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. Love your background, need to check out the 'wet on wet' that you have used, looks gorgeous.

    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Claire. Love the background you made, the pretty image and that gorgeous frame. Lovely flower embellies too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, such a romantic piece. Beautiful image, love all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card and so loving your choice of colours, so beautiful. Have a great week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just fabulous Claire, I love the chalky softness to the background and the image in that frame is amazing.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, I cannot get over how beautifully you have colored Sugar Nellie! The frame is so delicate and I just love the bouquet of flowers you added! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Claire,
    I really love the texture feel of this card, and the colours are gorgeous! It really so so soft and feminine. Beautiful...and I agree with Silvia, it has a very romantic feel to it.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card! Love the extra special touch with the gingham ribbon. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire! Your card is amazing. I am in awe of the design work around the frame of your card. I look forward to getting to know you better through Fashionable Stamping. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card, Thanks for joining us at Truly S this week

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Claire, your card is amazing, you have such a flair for this style of card, a florist's touch. It's awesome to be back in a DT with you again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Claire, your lace border looks fabulous on this sweet card! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me digi team's Lace challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a wonderful card and I love everything about it, the image, the color, the flowers, the paper, the lace good grief it is so good :0) Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card,love the image and your colours and colouring are lovely...Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious,hope to see you next time....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous card! Beautiful colouring and I love the little frame! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.
    hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...