My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 22 January 2012

Exciting news!!


Hi there,I'm back with my first DT project for Scrapbook Stamps Society. I was over the moon when I was invited to join such an exciting team, the hardest part was choosing the images to work with lol. For my first project I've made a little shadow box using a stunning digistamp by Heather Valentin called 'Butterfly Fae Fantaseyes' (you can find it here). I love to colour eyes so I couldn't resist this image.


I've coloured the image with promarkers and popped it in to the back of a canvas that I'd covered with glimmer misted scrunched paper to create a frame. I inked around the edges with some black versafine ink and added lots of flowers. The large black roses are made from grungepaper painted with Ranger crackle paint and a sprinkle of black glitter. All the smaller flowers started out white and were coloured with glimmer mists. I've added some black punched leaves and some gorgeous glittery green leaves. 
The little heart charm isn't showing too well in the pic, I made it by colouring translucent shrink plastic with green pigment ink and stamping over with a heart stamp before shrinking to size. Its attached with a couple of jump rings. 

The new challenge over at  Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge  is open and the theme is 'Hearts and Flowers, there are some fab prizes on offer and some gorgeous freebies too

I'm also entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafty Emma's Challenge: anything but a card
Creative Belli: Fancy frames
Hotshot Crafts : Flowers
I love promarkers: anything goes
Sunday Stamper: My eyes adored you 
Totally Papercrafts: Make your own flowers
Through the Craftroom Door: anything but a card plus make your own embellies
Truly Scrumptious: something forgotten 
(my canvas was gathering dust as were the flowers I coloured with glimmer mists)

Happy Crafting
Claire xx



31 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new DT position, Claire. Your first piece looks fantastic, love the colors and the textured frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Claire, my Daughter has green eyes, so this reminds me of her. Fabulous embelishments, and I love the colour scheme. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning, Claire. How creative. Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing piece of art! Love the colours!!! And what a cool way to combine an image with a canvas like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire you are so creative how fabulous is this. Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire I think this is absolutely fantastic, it gives off so much emotion I love it.
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! So stunning Claire!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cor .... this is super duper stuff ...... just LOVE it !!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Claire, what a beautiful creation, love here eyes. Thanks for joining with this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning creation Claire, love those eyes which you have coloured so beautifully and the scrunched paper frame sets them off to perfection.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing shading of the facial features & the bright colours are quite striking. Delightful the way you have used black to accent too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing Claire, the eyes are just fabulous. Love all of your flowers and the frame
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another stunning creation claire, congrats on your new DT position.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow Claire this is stunning. Love how you framed this image. A fabulous creation.
    Thanks too for playing along with Totally Papercrafts and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow wow wow i so love this project huni its stunning loving those gorgeous eyes and big congrats on your forst dt huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow,wow and wow. I love pictures of eyes and this card stood from the rest, probably because it is absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on becoming a dt.
    hugs julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those eyes are amazing! A lovely work of art for someones wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Claire! Looking at your first DT project, they picked a winner in you! Love this creation and those eyes are piercingly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Claire! What a fabulous way to start of a new DT adventure with such an amazing project! Love those piercingly gorgeous eyes! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Many congrats Claire - and this is a stunner of a project to start with. It is vibrant and striking, I love it.
    Have a great week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous project love how you made the frame stunning image too thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  22. So creative and gorgeous! Your coloring is just fantastic on this and the way you made the frame is fantastic!! Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Belli Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeousness indeedily, love those stunning eyes, I always wanted green eyes... got stuck with boring old brown lol Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  24. A stunning project! Thank you for joining us at Hotshot Crafts

    hugs Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful project! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Really stunning design. Love the way you made the frame and the blooms look fab.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice It really looks like a gilded frame.

    Thanks for joining the Creative Belli Challenge,
    ~Markey

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good Lordy Claire, this is absolutely STUNNING!!!
    I would have to say this is one of the most beautiful pcs I've seen since I started blogging. What an amazing image & your coloring/shading is gorgeous!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is stunning! Brilliant colouring, love the way it is framed.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a stunning project. I like the way your frame looks. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Claire... just nipping in to let you know that you have won the Sunday Stamper candy from last week... congrats and... could I have your addy please!! Ta xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...