My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 24 April 2012

A little haberdashery shop

Hi there, my card today uses the lovely new Haberdashery stamps from Chocolate Baroque. As soon as I saw these stamps I thought the accessories would look fab stamped on shink plastic. Its hard to see in the pic but I've used thimblies, pin cushion, scissors, cotton bobbins and balls of wool, stamped on shrink and coloured with distress stains.

I thought a little shop window would be a good way to show off my little Haberdashery bits and bobs. I began by using a Crafters Workshop template to create a brick effect. I swiped pumice stone distress ink over my card  and then applied the template. I began by sponging tea dye distress ink over the template and then adding some Vintage photo around the edges to give the bricks a  bit of dimension.

To make the window, I took some plain white card about 5cm wider than I wanted the window and cut out the window panes with  my craft knife and scored at 1.5cm in from each end and popped a square of acetate behind the window frames. I scored a line between the two window panes and added little pearls as handles . I used a scrap of paper from Prima Almanac collection for the background and added a couple of thin strips of card for the shelves and attached the shrink plastic bits and bobs with glue. To make the window I just attached each end of the card to the back of the prima paper using strong tape and as the card is bigger than the paper it makes a dinky little bow window. It looked a bit plain so I added some die cut strips created with Crealies dies.

To finish off I added lots of tiny paper roses around the window.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Boots: No girls allowed
Drunken Stampers: Use acetate
Southern Girls: Fancy Folds
Stamptacular Sunday: Loaded with layers
Touch Twin Markers: in the neighbourhood

Thanks for calling by today. Don't forget you still have time to enter the giveaway on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog !
Claire xx

19 comments:

  1. Delightful card, Claire and so clever of you making the bow window! This would be suitable for many occasions. You are very inventive.
    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire this is stunning - a real work of art. Hope you are feeling better. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Claire! A really clever and totally awesome card here and the perfect way to show off the gorgeous stamps.
    Love it to bits!
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning Claire, I love the idea of using shrink plastic
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Just stunning and such a fab idea - you could have endless shop front windows! Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card hun...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's simply stunning - love it.
    Many thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Claire,just gorgeous and a wonderful idea, love it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there no end to your inginuity. Everything about it is brilliant.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is fabulous, you can see how much work you have put into making this.

    Thank you for sharing your creation with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!
    I love the way you've done the windows
    Thanks for playing along with us at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire, this is stunning and so pretty. I love anything to do with sewing. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous creation Claire well done its gorgeous Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty, Claire! Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claire, that's ingenious the way you created the display case! Fabulous card! Well done!
    Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers!

    ~Spike

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how wonderful this looks and si creative to do that window. I'm in awe. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow...this is gorgeous! Simply beautiful...thanks for playing at Drunken Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing card! I absolutely love your use of acetate. The window is just darling! Thanks so much for playing with us at Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great use of acetate looks great. Thanks for joining in with the i can see clearly challenge over at drunken stampers

    hugs
    nat x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...