My lovely blogland friends

Friday 27 April 2012

Stitching challenge at Crafty Ann's

Hi there,  we've got a brand new challenge over at Crafty Ann's, this time we want to see stitching on your cards. As always our lucky winner will get their mits on a fabby prize from Crafty Ann's Digi Shop! I''m still out of action for colouring with my pain in the neck lol but i'd coloured this a while ago, isn't it a beautiful image?


Its Crafty Ann's 'Beautiful Hibiscus' it comes with the sentiment and I just love it! (you can find it here) I've coloured the image with promarkers and cut it out. The base card is covered with one of Crafty Ann's mottled stone backing papers, its a lovely delicate pink. I was very brave with this card and dusted off my sewing machine!! I stitched a border around the edge and then was even braver and added a line of embroidery to create a border across the card. I've added some rose pink velvet ribbon, lace and edged the card with faux pearls made with cosmic shimmer glue.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
2 Sisters: use a digital image
Crafty Place: anything but a square or rectangle
Simon says stamp: anything goes

We;ve got torrential rain again here today, hopefully all these April Showers will bring lots of May flowers, they're certainly helping the weeds grow if nothing else lol. If you've got a few minutes do pop over to check out my teamies beautiful projects, Crafty Ann has some gorgeous new digikits in her store too
Thanks for visiting today 
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Claire. It's given me some much needed inspiration for using those shaped cards. Had them for ages - keep getting them out and putting them back. The central image is lovely and all those faux pearls! How did you get them all so neat?
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire. This is a lovely card and I love the way you have framed your sentiment. Good luck in the challenges. Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really really pretty. Thanks for joining Speedy Cat and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Claire so pretty. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - great image and love the mottles pink dp. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card, love the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Awesome coloring. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so beautiful! I love this wreath of flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful work of art! love it!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful Claire, stunning colours and I love how your flowers frame the sentiment!!!

    So glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card!! I love all of the flowers and pearls!! Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...