My lovely blogland friends

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Christmas Rose from Chocolate Baroque

Good morning, I've got a girly Christmas themed card to share today using the new Tangled Garden stamps from Chocolate Baroque .


The background was made using one of the new M-bossabilities 'Holiday Magic' and brushed pewter Distress Stain, I really love the new metallic distress stains, they give a wonderful finish.

I decided to create a Christmas rose with the detailed flower from  'The Tangled Garden' and stamped it 3 times on to vellum with versamark ink and then embossed with clear sparkle embossing powder. I also created some leaves using the same embossing powder, this stamp sheet really has a great selection of leaves too. The centre of the flower is a crushed bottle cap with a mixure of rock candy glitter, silver microbeads and silver glitter in the centre. 

To finish off  I've added some silver ribbon from my stash and some of the beautiful Scallop Rose Lace

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge: Ribbon and Lace
Hooked on Craft: Christmas no red or green
Our daily bread: gold or silver
the Ribbon Girls: Add sparkle

Thanks for visiting today 
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Claire. Definitely very girly. The embossed background is especially lovely and the sparkly embossed flower is gorgeous.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking with the bottle cap centre for the flower, all the metallic elements with the white look super. You've just reminded me of my microbeads too........
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Claire, so gorgeous ! Love all the white and what you've done with the flower & your background. The bottle cap is genius ! I think this would be beautiful for a Wedding card as well. Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Claire this is absolutely gorgeous that flower, the lace and soft colours, wow, awesome work.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how elegant Claire!! I love your flower and all the texture!! So soft and beautiful!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the crushed bottlecap flower center. Well done!
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness... how pretty!! the lace and that sparkly flower are amazing... thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at AGOAC.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...