My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 20 January 2013

Nature at PanPastel UK

Good morning my lovelies, I do hope you're keeping warm in this cold snowy weather. We've got a good covering of snow and more forecast for later, how exciting! I haven't been far at all this weekend, except for a play in the park with the dogs. Isn't is bliss to have a really lazy weekend sometimes? Anyway back to business and my post today is my DT project for PanPastel UK where our theme is 'Nature' so I've combined blues, greens and whites for a fresh spring feel. As always our lucky winner will be in for a treat as they will receive a fab PanPastel Starter set from our regular sponsor Berni at Your Creativity Store! 


I began by stamping a Chocolate Baroque music stamp over an 8x8 card blank using versamark and then applied PanPastel is turquoise tint and yellow green. Next came a square of linen card punched with a MS punch around the page punch set and coloured with the same pans. Over this I added some embossed white card coloured again with the same pans and then inked with versamark and embossed with clear holographic EP. The bird cage die cut is a Marianne die, embossed with Gilded Ivory EP. The focal image is a gorgeous stamp by Crafty Individuals, coloured with promarkers, the image is layered up over a scrap of cheesecloth. I made a rose using a Paper Artsy stamp and added some tattered leaves - all coloured with turquoise tint and yellow green PanPastels. To finish off I've added a white seam binding bow and a little butterfly. The butterfly was a bit of an experiment - I wanted to try the Pebeo Fantasy paints with an embossed image - similar to Sheena's fantasy fusion technques but I'm rubbish with the lead stuff. I stamped the stampendous butterfly on acetate and embossed with white EP and then applied a generous layer of turquoise Fantasy paint, I was really pleased with the result although you have to be careful not to put too much on as the embossing is only slightly raised and if you put too much on it will flood. Hopefully you can see it a little better in this pic:


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Allsorts: Flower power
Frilly and Funky: anything goes

Well I don't know about you but I'm planning n spending the day in my craftroom, I've started a Christmas card (how organised am I????? lol) and I want to get it finished this morning. In fact as usual I seem to have quite a few things started and i've left myself a tiny square on my craft desk to work.  No doubt I'll spend most of the day peeking out of the window to see if its snowing, I'm such a big kid.
Have a lovely Sunday and thanks for popping by
Claire xx

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous elements that have produced a beautiful card Claire. The little butterfly experiment worked a treat and I love the images you have used. Enjoy the snow xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire...I'm loving all the layers! Loads of interesting textures and gorgeous colours Claire.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Claire. Love the soft colouring and stamping. Good to see you can use those paints with embossing - it's a softer look than the lead piping stuff.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Claire. I love the design and the delicate colours are gorgeous.
    I hope you have a good Sunday
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Claire I love all the different elements

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful, I love the soft colours and all of the layers, the bow butterfly and bird cages all look fabby. Hope you have fun in your craft room
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire,
    This is so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Claire, what a fabulous soft colored creation you made, I love all the colors thank you for sharing your fabby project, Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Claire, beautiful colours and details. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is completely FASCINATING. There are so many layers of sheer color that add the most beautiful depth to it. I LOVE all of the textures - the heat embossing, the cheesecloth and ribbon, the metallic gold accents...this card, for lack of better words, is pure eye candy. Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous entry for our 'Flower Power' theme Claire.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful creation....so many delightful details! Thanks for entering our challenge at Card Crafter's Circle....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh so pretty, thanks for sharing with us at TPC x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous...Thanks for playing along at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. a really beautiful make, thanks for playing along with Frilly and Funkie this time, Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Claire, thanks for sharing at Allsorts, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...