My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 27 February 2013

One stamp, two cards

Good morning, how's your week going? I kind of feel like I'm on the home straight to the weekend as i've got Friday off. I do love long weekends :-) Here are a couple of cards made using the gorgeous new Floral Edges from Chocolate Baroque. When I stamped this card, I though the floral border would make a lovely lacy border so had to have a play and created the second card. 

I don't usually do CAS cards but I thought this would make a pretty card without lots of embellies. I stamped the border stamp with memento ink, added the bird (from Curly Birds) and added the sentiment (from Best Relative Ever. I added some colour with Flexmarkers and matted the image on some black card.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Broken Box Stock: happy birthday
Sentimental Sunday: flowers, flowers, flowers
Stamping Sensations: Fur or feathers

I had to try using the floral border as a lacy stamp and I think it looks really pretty. I stamped with versamark on kraft and embossed with white EP. I've added some seam binding ribbon, paper flowers coloured with a mist of diluted vintage photo reinker.


The main image is a Stampsmith stamp, I do love these stamps but hardly ever use them as I really struggle to get a good image, this was about my 20th attempt lol. I've layered it up over a doily and added some vellum leaves and a few little pearls. 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
LEJ Designs: Lovely lady
Simon Says Stamp and Show: stamp you love but don't use

Thanks for visiting today, and for your lovely comments
Claire xx

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! Love how you have used the stamp 2 ways .... It looks do different in both cards, & yet works so perfectly!! ..... Don't you just Love stamps!!! Lol!!! Thanks for your inspiration! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Claire and unless you'd said I'd never have guesses it was the same border stamp. Love the colours on the top one. It's comforting to know that even you don't always get stamping right the first time. Gives me hope.lol
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire...you are so clever! I had to take my time to see the stamp used because you used it sooo differently! Great cards!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I always say it Claire, but your cards really are stunning!
    The colours on the first card are so pretty and I love the bird.
    The image on your second card is gorgeous and I love how you have used the floral stamp to give a lacy effect.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are beautiful Claire, and so different you have to look closer to realise that they are the same stamp.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very different but equally gorgeous cards Claire

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that first one with Curly Birds - the colours area a treat & the floral border just perfect. I also like your white on kraft use of that stamp - very effective indeed & I can see it is going to be such a versatile addition to my stock of stamps (this has to go on my Birthday List).
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a difference, amazing use of that gorgeous stamp. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such stunning makes with lots of beautiful layers and embellishments TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire...your vintage card you've entered into our challenge is so lovely! I love your Stampsmith image. She's so sweet! Looks like your perseverance paid off in stamping her...she's perfect! I also love the stamp running on the left side. What a difference ink makes (from the first card)! Love the doily underneath and the ribbon and flowers. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous vintage make! Love your image and stamp choice...just striking! Beautiful layers as well! Thanks so much for stamping with us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, gorgeous work? The top card is so bright and beautiful. The black is stunning with the bright, pastel colors.

    Thanks for joining us in our birthday challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Love the colors and stamp you have used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is gorgeous - such a beautiful card and I love the way you've put it together.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Kraft card Claire, thank you for joining us in our challenge at Addicted to Stamps this week.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge
    with your beautiful card.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful vintage card, great design!
    Thanks for joining in the kraft challenge at ATSC this time!
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...