My lovely blogland friends

Thursday 16 May 2013

Elegance Card and butterfly wreath

Good morning my lovelies, my card today features one of my favourite SplodgeAway masks, the gorgeous butterfly wreath and also the wonderful Elegance Card also from SplodgeAway. This stuff makes blending your alcohol markers a breeze and also doesn't create problems like bleeding, if you want to know more hop over to the SplodgeAway Blog to read my review of the Elegance Card.


I began by creating a frame using the Butterfly Wreath Mask brayered with Worn Lipstick distress ink, I used SplodgeAway Easy Ink card and popped it through my Grand Calibur to emboss and transfer the ink. I've found that brayering the ink on to the mask creates a lovely soft shade and also gives much better coverage than applying direct to the mask. I pop the ink on my SplodgeMat, roll the brayer over it and then apply it to the mask, easy peasy!

I've also used the SplodgeAway Mat to ink the edges, using the ink left over from the embossing. To create the frame I just cut an aperture in the centre of the Butterfly Wreath and added some faux pearls and pink gems

The gorgeous fairy is a digi from Lavinia Stamps, I absolutely love this image and I'm so happy that some of the Lavinia Stamps are available in this format now, saves a few pennies lol. I've coloured this  with Graph'It markers and added a little glamour dust. To finish off I've added a white organza bow, a paper rose and a little lock charm.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge: G is for glitter and gems
CraftDee Bowz: handmade bow
Crafts and Me: use a digi
Deep Ocean: Lets Sparkle
Whoopsi Daisy: pretty in pink

Thanks for visiting today, and for your kind comments, I really appreciate it
Claire xx


17 comments:

  1. A stunning card Claire. I love the frame you've made, it's so pretty, and suits the fairy perfectly.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Claire, this is sooooo pretty, that is a great digi for the center of the wreath. Will go check things out, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, your card is so pretty. I really like the frame It really makes your image stand out even more.
    Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire absolutely gorgeous. I love the digi and your colouring work. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Claire, such an effective design. The frame is so pretty and the image is coloured beautifully
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous make Claire. I love the colours and the frame is wonderful.
    Beautiful image too.

    Crafty Hugs

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Claire, love the frame. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card!! I love the colors you used...and what beautiful coloring! I love all the rhinestones! Very sparkly! Thanks so much for joining us for this fortnight's challenge at Deep Ocean! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Claire. Love the way you have used the mask to make the pretty frame.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful frame its really stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our Add A Charm Challenge! I do hope you join us next week with another of your wonderful designs! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Claire, This is such a pretty card, the Splodge-away mask is a real beauty. Your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful Claire !! Wow your colouring is fab !! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card, love the soft pink colours!! Hugs Juls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. O wow this is stunning, love the image and all the beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation Claire! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Hope to see you again soon. Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Claire, This is a Stunning frame. (thanks for the info on how you made it). A really beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Congratulations on winning the Craft-DeeBowz contest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...