My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 7 July 2013

Seeing Red at PanPastel UK

Good morning folks, isn't it bliss to get up and see blue sky and sunshine? Its a bit too hot for my poor fur babies though they aren't keen on this weather at all. We've got a brand new challenge at PanPastel UK and this week our theme is 'Seeing Red', of course you don't have to use PanPastels but we love it when you do. Our winner will receive a fab PanPastel Starter set from our generous sponsor Berni at Your Creativity Store (this is only available for UK entrants although of course there's the honour of the winners badge)


I've made a canvas, its much larger than I usually make so it was a bit scary but I had a lot of messy fun making it. I began by creating the background using white and ultramarine blue tint PanPastels. I added some red and used the edge of a sofft sponge to create some black lines here and there.

I sketched in the heart until it looked the right shape (ish) and then began shading using Permanent Red, Shade and Extra Dark.  I gave the heart a bit of a shadow with some black and Paynes Grey PanPastels. Next I added some texture around the edge with Maimeri light Modelling paste and a Pronty Mask, I sprinkled black glitter on the medium while it was wet for a bit of sparkle. I added some rings with white acrylic paint and also splodged some black crackle paint here and there. 


Of course I had to add some stamping, I've used a sentiment from Chocolate Baroque embossed with gold EP and also a couple more hearts using a stamp from Indigo Blu. To finish off I've splattered some acrylic paint here and there.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges:
Craft your Passion: red white and blue
Creative Card Crew: No designer paper
Get Inky: red white and blue
Left of Centre: sentiment
Our Daily Bread: Red white and blue

Well I'd better get my skates on, I'm doing a craft fair today so hopefully peeps will want to buy some of my goodies and I'll have some more spends for Summer Crafting next weekend
Have a good day and thanks so much for popping by
Claire xx


18 comments:

  1. Claire this is a fantastic canvas I love how the heart just jumps straight out at you. Fab make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning! Claire whether it was scary or not you have executed it it beautifully! Well done!Good luck!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your canvas, soooo beautiful layers and the heart .... fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning creation Claire, I love the design and gorgeous colours.
    I hope you have a good time at the craft fair today
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know where to start with this piece Claire, it's an amazing piece of artwork that I'd happily hang on my wall! Good luck with the craft fair - if people don't take the chance to get their hands on some of your work, it's their loss.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas! I am just getting into Pan Pastels and I love them! Maybe someday I'll be able to shade like you do! :) I love your design and your use of color. Love the gold embossing, too. It's very striking. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - that is gorgeous!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow Claire, I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous canvas Claire and it really radiates the fun you've been having! warm greet Mirandax

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great canvas, hope you are enjoying this great weather

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! Claire this is amazing, I love how you have very cleverly created the shading around and inside the heart, very effective and atmospheric, and all that fab texture, a real work of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This canvas is EXCEPTIONAL!!!! It's something I'd purchase! Just beautiful in every way! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Claire, the heart appears to be floating above the canvas. I love it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely Fantastic Canvas As Always!!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome!! It quickly caught my eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so lovely! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fab canvas Claire. I love how you've shaded the heart so it looks dimensional.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! I've never tried PanPastels, might have to give it a whirl after seeing this amazing art :) Thanks for joining us at LOC,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...