My lovely blogland friends

Sunday 7 September 2014

Fall splendour at Craft a Scene

Good afternoon folks, time for a new challenge at Craft a Scene and this month our theme is 'Fall Splendour' . The weather is definitely starting to change in my little corner of the country and I can just see the first signs of the leaves starting to change colour. I just love the colours of autumn and really enjoyed making this card.

I began by creating a background with PanPastels, the sky was created with turquoise tint PanPastel and I added a sun with Hansa Yellow Tint, the foreground was coloured with a little Yellow Green Shade.
All the stamps used are from Lavinia stamps, I used lots of masking to create my little scene and stamped the images with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I stamped the leaves and the foliage on the trees with Memento Ink in Bamboo Leaves, Rhubarb Stalk, Tangelo and Canteloupe


I added some colour to the images with Inktense pencils and used my Graph'It silver shake pen to give the wings some sparkle.. The sentiment is also from Lavinia Stamps, stamped with versamark and embossed with gold WOW Embossing powder.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges
Artistic Stamper: autumn colours
Bearly Mine: autumnal colours
Delicious Doodles: colours of Autumn
Natalie and Amy's: things with wings
Red Rubber Inspirationals: Favourite stamping technique (masking)
Sweet Stampin: The great outdoors

Its well worth a visit to the challenge blog as my teamies have created some gorgeous scenes to inspire you. Thanks so much for visiting today
Claire xx

15 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Claire, I love the colours you used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card love the scene created. Thanks so much for joining us over at Bearly Mine Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Bearly Mine Inspiration & Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created a beautiful fall scene, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full splendor indeed.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Gorgeous scenery you created!! I love all of your techniques and fall colors!! Thanks for joining us @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, what a sweet card.
    Thank you for joining us in the great outdoors at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing creation what patience you have. Jacqui DT Bearly Mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! LOVE the scenery you created, beautiful!! Love the masking technique!! Thanks for joining us at Red Rubber Inspirationals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card.Love the little house.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card! I love that.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderfully done! I love the scenery you made just beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing at Hiding in my Craftroom!

    -Samantha
    HIMCR DT
    Clear it Out DT
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh! This is simply stunning! Beautiful colours and fabulous composition. I wouldn't know where to begin to make card like this ; I am in awe! You must have the patience of a saint to do all that masking. Brilliant! So glad I happened across your blog. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card Claire, what a lovely Autumnal scene.
    Thank you for joining us this month at A Little Bit Crafty, hope you can join us for our next challenge too! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great scene card and colouring too!! Wonderful Fall card!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow a fabulous creation!thanks for joining us at BMD
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...