My lovely blogland friends

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge

Good morning my lovelies, well the last month has disappeared in the blink of an eye and its already time for a brand new challenge at Chocolate Baroque Challenge. This month we have a gorgeous colour palette to inspire you:



As always there is a fab prize of  a voucher for Chocolate Baroque goodies for our winner and of course there's the honour of a Top 3 place too. My lovely teamies have lots of inspiration for you so keep popping back to the challenge blog for a look :-)

For my card I used distress inks and Graph'It markers, I used Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Victorian Velvet and Shaded Lilac and roughly brayered them in lines on my gelli plate, I added some texture with a sponge and took a print. I overstamped the print with one of my all time favourite back ground stamps from Decadent Brocade stamp sheet and dusted a little black soot distress ink around the edges.


The focal image is from the Summer Fairy Collection, coloured with Graph'It markers and distressed with the same colours of distress inks. I layered the image up on black card, punched a pretty border and decorated with some seam binding ribbon (dyed with the same distress inks). 
To finish off I added some little die cut butterflies and topped the button off with a bow.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew: black cardstock
Papertake Weekly: anything with wings
Through the Craft room Door: anything goes
Whoopsi Daisy: distressing

Thanks for visiting, have a great day and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Claire, I love the background and the way the colours get lighter as you go up the page. I love the fairy on the toadstool also.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, this is just stunning! Your colours are a perfect match to the inspiration photo and I love your interpretation of the style and feel of it! I just love the colour fade of the background and the ribbon! Gorgeous! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, wonderful rich colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog, all your comments are really appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...